Emperor of Constantinople
- Re-assert authority over lost territory. BELISARIUS = Greatest. General. Ever.
The Vandal Wars (533)
- Believe Jesus has less authority than God. Arian! (Heretic)
- Vandal conquest of Africa (429-442)
-Quick conquest of Vandal, HUGE influx of ka-ching!
-If we can retake Africa…then what else?
The Gothic Wars (535-553)
- Theodoric as King in Italy (489-493)
- War drags on for 20+ years.
- Romans sack, pillage, loot.
- Barbarians sack, pillage, loot.
-LOL this sends Italy to the stone age! Dark Ages for the win!
The Persian Wars (537-532; 540-545, and 549-561 or “Why won’t these guys stay dead?”)
- Sassanian Persia (c. 224-641)
-Cataphract. Fucker horse units for Persia! Also star in Civilization games.
- May have payed off the Persians to get them to go away….a few times.
- Client Kingdoms
-Iberia, as buffer state. If they get invaded immobilize! Lazica too.
-Persian wars continue until 641 AD happens and Persia goes bye.
Justinian: Model Roman Emperor
- Fought Wars
- Corpus Iuris Civilis (Made Laws)
- Get involved with Religion. And all of its disputes.
- Last to govern in Latin. After him it is all Greek.